Give the gift of time to support the arts.
Lend a Hand
Become a Committee or Board Volunteer
ACWL - Nuveen seeks community members to assist in furthering its mission and growing its presence in the community through committee and board involvement:
1. Fundraising Committee Members meet monthly to develop and implement fundraising events. Do you have ideas to engage the community in events to support our mission?
2. Membership Committee Members plan and execute the Membership Dinner, Patron Party, and annual Membership Drive.
3. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee members discuss and plan DEI initiatives within the organization and the larger community.
4. Gallery Committee Members assist ACWL-Nuveen staff in organizing the gallery, working with current artist members, and act as the jury for potential new artist members
5. Concert Crew members help with parking, crafts, and snack sales at concerts.
Become an Event Volunteer
ACWL - Nuveen Event Volunteers help promote our programs at various events, assist event attendees with art making activities, or get needed preparations done during a work-day event. Some events include festivals, exhibition openings, art unveilings, fundraisers, and other community events. Event volunteers help with set up and take down, as well as assist with art activities being offered to the public. Activities may include helping passers-by do a small take home art activity, group art project, or art demonstrations to name a few.
Become a Gallery Volunteer
The Gallery Volunteer helps with “behind the scenes” activities that support our teachers, staff and overall experiences for guests. They help with general office duties, answer phones, and greet customers.