top of page
Plein Air Events 2021
This July we will be hosting multiple events focused on creating en Plein Air. Painting “en plein air” became popularized by French Impressionists who left the confines of their studios to paint “in the open air”. With these events, we are inviting you to CREATE en Plein Air, whether it be painting, composing, writing poetry or any other art form.
The Plein Air open call exhibition will be held August 3 - September 11. Entry forms are available here
- Jul 31, 2021, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PMWhitehall, 106 E Colby St, Whitehall, MI 49461, USAThrough a focus on trees, participants will learn techniques for creating form and depth and adding interest and texture. Ages 16+
- Jul 23, 2021, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PMLundell Farms, 4669 Lorenson Rd, North Muskegon, MI 49445, USABring your art supplies for a day of exploration and creating at the beautiful Lundell Farms in North Muskegon. 18+
- Jul 22, 2021, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PMMeinert Park, 8390 Meinert Park Rd, Michigan 49437, USAEnjoy an evening at Meinert Park while learning how to capture a quick nature sketch. Age 16+, younger children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Jul 20, 2021, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PMArts Council of White Lake-Nuveen Center, 106 E Colby St, Whitehall, MI 49461, USAIn this 3-day camp, students will take a closer look at trees and discover how to capture them in a drawing or painting. 2:00 - 3:30pm, July 20-22, ages 12-17
- Jul 15, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMWhitehall, 106 E Colby St, Whitehall, MI 49461, USALearn the fundamentals of plein air watercolor painting with artist Lori McElrath-Eslick. Ages 16+
bottom of page