Position: Director's Assistant
Schedule: Year-round, part time position Tuesday through Saturday.
Reports To: Director of Arts Council of White Lake - Nuveen
Compensation: Starting at $12 an hour
The Director’s Assistant is responsible for maintaining programming records, fulfilling office duties and providing a positive customer experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Write and release weekly press releases and blog.
• Greet and help gallery customers during open hours.
• Assist with mailings as needed.
• Update website and social media as requested by Director.
• Maintain accurate class records including class participation, student surveys, teacher surveys and reviews.
• Evaluate classroom needs and order supplies.
• Schedule and oversee volunteers to assist with programs and day to day needs.
• Assist teachers in classroom set up as needed.
• Provide hospitality for exhibition and handle all reception details.
• Assist the programming committee with gallery set-up and building maintenance.
• Participate in monthly programming meetings.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills including Google Docs, excel, Microsoft, and Gmail required.
• Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
Preferred: Experience in retail, phone, and social media with an interest in art.
• Visual acuity, manual dexterity, hearing, driving, standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Average of 25 hours per week.
• Flexible schedule will be required to maintain effective operations of the organization.
• Work involves frequent interaction with volunteers, customers, representatives of non-profit agencies, elected officials, and the general public.
• Must be able to participate in evening and weekend events.
• Must have a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Must be able to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to lift files and other documents of approximately 20 pounds.
• Must have good organizational and time management skills and be able to multitask.
• Must have strong written and oral communications skills, including business and casual writing.
• Must be flexible in effectively addressing patrons and/or board/management expectations.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data without exception.
• Must have the ability to work independently in managing day-to-day tasks.
Submit resume with a cover letter and references via email only to Nuveen@artswhitelake.org by January 18 before 5:00 pm.