2019 Change of Seasons
Calling all artists aged 4 to 18. Submit your favorite piece, in any medium, of art that shows the winter season. Six pieces will be selected to be part of our seasonal note card set produced by the Nuveen Center. The cards will be sold as a fundraiser during the holiday season with proceeds going back to support art programming. All artwork after selection will be returned to the artist. Drop off your work by October 24 to be considered for this contest. Chosen artists will receive a card set with their design.
- Open to Michigan artists 18 years and older.
- Original works completed within the past two years and not previously exhibited in a Nuveen Center exhibition are eligible. Original implies work not taken from another artist’s work.
- Adult entries should be completed without the assistance of an instructor.
- Any medium is accepted.
- There is no theme or required subject matter.
- Due to wall space restrictions, a limited number of large pieces (50"x50") can be accepted.
Conditions and Liability:
- Accepted adult division artwork must remain on display at The Nuveen Center for the duration of the exhibit.
- All works in the adult division must be for sale.
- No “Price on Request” (POR) accepted.
- A 30% commission will be charged on all adult division artworks sold during the exhibit.
- ACWL-Nuveen takes every precaution to ensure the protection of artwork. However, we are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- Registration grants ACWL permission to use images of submitted artwork for marketing and publicity purposes.
Framing and Labeling:
- Adult work must be properly framed with no exposed glass edges, wired, and ready to hang.
- No saw-tooth hangers accepted.
- Entry labels will be available at drop off. Firmly attache to the back of the entries, in the upper right corner at that time.
- For three-dimensional work, entry labels must be tied, taped or pinned securely to each piece.
- Unsuitably prepared work may be declined.
Submission Deadline: February 19, 5pm
Submission Instructions: Submit up to two works using our Online Application. If you need assistance call Chelsea at (231) 893-2524.
Application Fee: Within two days a invoice will be emailed to you with instruction to pay via paypal. To pay by check or cash stop by the Nuveen Center, 106 E. Colby St. Whitehall.
Juror Notification: February 23
Awards will be announced at the public reception.
1st Place Award $300
2nd Place Award $200
3rd Place Award $100
ACWL Award $100
Two Honorable Mention Ribbons
Artwork Pickup: April 23 and 24, 10-5pm
Any artwork left after May 15 will become the property of the ACWL.